8.10.2012

Homemade Basil Pizza Dough



It seems like every pizza dough I try is good, but it doesn't quite have that chewy texture that you get at the pizza chains. I seriously think this is the best pizza dough and I really like the flecks of basil and flavor it adds. I also make this on the grill a lot and its delicious.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup really warm water
1/2 tbsp sugar
mix together and wait until foamy and doubled in size
then add:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour plus more if needed
1 tsp basil

Add all in a mixer with a dough attachment add the salt very last so it doesn't kill the yeast. knead and add flour until it pulls away from the bowl. If mixing by hand knead for about 5 minutes. Poke the dough with your finger if it bounces back with no dent, it's ready.

When I make pizza I cook it on 500 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails