3.01.2011

Quick Rising Whole Wheat Bread


This bread recipe was so much faster than others I have tried and it was just as fluffy and delicious. I will definitely be using this recipe over and over again.

Ingredients:

2 cups warm water
3 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. yeast
1 cup flour
3 cups whole wheat flour/ can substitute 1 cup white flour for lighter bread
1/2 tbsp. salt

In a small bowl mix water, honey and yeast. Let bubble and sit for 5 minutes. In a stand up mixer or large bowl add the flour, salt and oil. Add in the yeast water and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Remove dough and knead on a floured surface for 5 more minutes. Shape the dough into loaves and put in bread tins. Let rise for 30min-1hr. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Pin It!

9 comments:

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Thanks for this recipe. I will have to try this either tonight or in the morning:)

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) said...

I wonder if I could do this in a bread machine? It looks amazing!

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

This bread is so yummy! Thank you:) How many loaves do you recommend making with one batch?

BlessedMumma said...

I was wondering the same thing about how many loaves? ALso wondering if you can double / triple the batch ?

Anonymous said...

I tried with the bread machine and the dough was so wet. How much more flour should I add?

Unknown said...

Made this today and it came out perfectly! Beautiful golden brown on top, perfect density, super yummy! I used one big silicone bread loaf pan and it popped right out after I let it cool.

Mikelle said...

Thanks for your comment Ashley. This is my favorite bread recipe ever to date. I'm glad you like it as much as I do!

Unknown said...

Quick, easy and good. I made one loaf from the recipe. With a family of five, 3 boys, one hubby and myself,the wife, it was gone in the same day. So, I need quick, simple and good. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Anyone ever tried doubling this?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails