8.11.2012

Fresh Bottled Pickles


We have so many pickling cucumbers this year we cant eat them fast enough. One thing I am picky about is my pickles. If they are the nasty ones that sit on the shelf at the store I don't want them. They are limp and flavorless. I love the refrigerated kind that still look like pickles and have a crunchy snap. These are just like that.

Ingredients: per jar

2-3 Pickling Cucumbers depending on size use as many will fit, sliced in wedges
3 garlic gloves, smashed just enough that they are still whole
2-3 sprigs of Dill
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. white vinegar
water

Directions: I find it easier to place as many pickles in the jar as I can then fill the jar with water. Once you do that add the salt, vinegar, garlic, and dill. Close the lid and shake vigorously. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before eating. If they are not salty enough add 1 more tsp. of salt. I usually wait 2 days before I try one.
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails