10.01.2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes


It has been my mission to find a a great red velvet cupcake recipe. You would think it would be easy because of their popularity but, indeed it wasn't. Most just were not moist enough for my liking until I found this recipe. Truly the best cupcakes and the frosting...well you get the point! I would rate this a 5 out of 5.

Ingredients:

1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
mix together in a mixer

In a separate bowl or cup combine:
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp. red food coloring (if you want a more intense red add a splash of bright pink if you have it)
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

And in other bowl combine:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Directions:
After you have the butter, sugar and egg mixture you will add the wet and dry ingredients in rotations. Add a little wet and mix, and a little dry until all combined. Just make sure you end with dry before baking . Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and frost.

Frosting:
Whip together

1 8oz. cream cheese room temp
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla (if imitation vanilla double it always)
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm Amee & I'm loving your site! I have been on a cream cheese kick here lately. I"m at work & my mouth is watering for these cupcakes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails