4.15.2010

Aunt Nila's Wheat Waffles

This is a recipe I grew up with. I always remembered the times at Grandma's house when we had wheat waffles because I loved them. I am biased to wheat because it has such a great nuttiness that you just can't get in regular waffles. I had these for dinner the other night and they are still as good as I remember.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 cups milk
6 tbsp. margerine melted (can cut in in half, won't be as fluffy)
1 cup wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup bran

Directions:

Combine eggs, milk and margerine in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients seperately and add milk mixture. Cook according to waffle iron instructions.

* Unprocessed Bran is a little hard to find. It took me two grocery stores to find it and I finally found it at Albertson's. It's packed with all sorts of nutrients so it's worth it.
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails